Discover the World of Beer with the WSET Level 1 Award in Beer Course
Embark on a beer enthusiast's journey with the WSET Level 1 Award in Beer, a comprehensive beginner-level course that offers an in-depth introduction to the diverse universe of beer. Through engaging sensory experiences — sight, smell, and taste — you'll delve into an array of beer styles and the secrets behind their crafting.
For Beer Professionals and Enthusiasts Alike
Whether you're in the beer industry or a passionate hobbyist, this course equips you with the expertise to confidently engage with customers and enhance your beer experiences. Learn to recommend beers with authority and savor every glass with a newfound understanding.
- Key Ingredients in Beer Brewing: Explore the essential components of beer production - malt, sugars, water, hops, and yeast.
- Beer Production Insights: Master the core steps in beer making, including malting and brewing processes.
- Principles of Beer Storage and Service: Gain knowledge in keeping beer at its best, including proper storage, glassware choices, pouring techniques for keg and bottled beers, and ideal service temperatures.
- Identifying Common Beer Faults: Learn to detect beer issues such as staling, light strike (skunking), and bacterial infections.
- Beer and Food Pairing Essentials: Understand the dynamic between beer and food, covering preferences, sensitivities, and pairing principles.
Explore a Wide Range of Beer Styles:
- Malt-Driven Styles: Dive into styles like American or International Pale Lager, Munich Helles, Blonde Ale, Munich Dunkel, Brown Ale, Porter, Stout, and Barley Wine.
- Hop-Centric Varieties: Discover the world of Traditional Czech or German Pilsner, Bitter, American Pale Ale, American IPA, and Hazy IPA.
- Yeast Influenced Flavors: Uncover the nuances of Weissbier, Dubbel, Tripel, Saison, and Witbier.
- Sour Beer Exploration: Experience the unique profiles of Berliner Weisse and Geuze (Gueuze).
This WSET Level 1 Beer course is a gateway to exploring and understanding the rich and varied world of beer, perfect for anyone looking to deepen their beer knowledge or pursue a career in the beer industry.
No previous knowledge or study is required for this course, and no paper textbook will be sent.
Upon registering you will receive an eBook study guide which you can read online or offline through the WSET eBook app, available for iOs and Android.